If you wish to contribute to CRISE research, please send us your resume by email at email@example.com. We will consider your application for any future opportunity.
Postdoctoral Training Program
Since its founding, the Centre for Research and Intervention on Suicide, Ethical Issues and End-of-Life Practices (CRISE) has welcomed postdoctoral fellows. The CRISE can accept fellows who obtain their own financing.
- To develop cutting edge research on suicide and end-of-life issues by young researchers in various disciplines (e.g., psychiatry, psychology, nursing, anthropology, epidemiology, public health, neurosciences and related disciplines);
- To encourage researchers who have been working on other topics to conduct research on suicide and end-of-life practices.
- Duration and salary
The duration of the fellowship is 8 to 12 months, full time (35 hours per week) with a total gross income of $45,000 for 12 months, including fringe benefits of UQAM employees.
Application and deadlines
The application process for a scholarship for 2019-2020 is now closed. You may send us your application at any time if you have your own financing.
We are looking for candidates who recently received a doctorate or have experience in another subject area and would like to reorient and specialize in research on suicide prevention or end-of-life practices. Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a doctoral degree in a relevant field, for less than five years;
- Wish to undertake a career in research on suicide or end-of-life practices;
- Agree to participate in regular activities at CRISE, including seminars, workshops and research activities with a mentor;
- Knowledge of some spoken French is essential for full participation in the program.
- Experience, publications, works to date and fellowships received;
- Interest in undertaking a career in research on suicide or end-of-life practices;
- Potential for conducting research in the area of suicide or end-of-life practices;
- Ability to match the candidate’s research interests with those of available mentors.
Information for fellows applying from outside Canada
After acceptance, you must apply for a work permit from the Canadian Embassy in your country of origin. For further information, please visit the UQAM Website (in French only) on postdoctoral fellows.
Candidates should send the following documents by email in order to apply for a postdoctoral fellowship. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- A certified copy of their latest transcript of doctoral studies;
- A copy of their PhD diploma, or a letter of attestation from their university confirming that the candidate completed the program and obtained a PhD.
- A letter in which the candidate describes his/her interests in research on suicide or end-of-life practices, including the identification of possible mentors with whom the candidate would like to work;
- A curriculum vitae that includes details of the candidate’s education, work experiences, publications, bursaries and scholarships obtained and research work;
- Two letters of recommendation.
Marie Alderson, PhD
Cécile Bardon, PhD
Valérie Bourgeois-Guérin, PhD
Christine Genest, PhD
Brian Greenfield, MD
Melissa Henry, PhD
Janie Houle, PhD
Réal Labelle, PhD
Sylvie Lapierre, PhD
Brian L. Mishara, PhD
Jessica Rassy, PhD
Thomas Saïas, PhD
Angelo Soares, PhD
Mélanie Vachon, PhD
Georgia Vrakas, PhD
David Weisstub, LLD
Deborah Umel, PhD
For more information on the program, please contact:
Brian L. Mishara, PhD
C.P.8888, Succ. Centre-Ville
Montréal, Québec, Canada, H3C 3P8
Phone: (+1) 514 987-4832