Mishara Brian L.
Fondateur du CRISE et Professeur
Université du Québec à Montréal
Mishara, Brian & Kerkhof, Ad. (2013). Suicide Prevention and New Technologies: Evidence based Pratice. Palgrave Macmillan. 224 p.
The internet, smartphones, computer self-help programmes and other technological advances are the new frontiers of suicide prevention, with organisations around the world rapidly expanding these services. Suicide Prevention and New Technologies responds to an increasing need by organisations, planners, researchers and individuals working in suicide prevention and mental health to better understand how they can and should become involved in suicide prevention using these new technologies. Each chapter is written by experts in the field and presents the current state of the art in the light of research findings and discuss current and future challenges.
Pour commander le livre au centre de documentation du CRISE, contactez-nous par téléphone: 514-987-3000 #1685; ou par courriel: email@example.com
Table of contents
1. Suicide Prevention and New Technologies: Towards Evidence Based Practice; Brian L. Mishara and Louis-Philippe Côté
2. Expressing, Communicating and Discussing Suicide: Nature, Effects and Methods of Interacting Through Online Discussion Platforms; Christine Thoër
3. E-Therapies in Suicide Prevention: What Do They Look Like, Do They Work and What Is the Research Agenda? Simon Hatcher
4. Reducing The Burden of Suicidal Thoughts Through Online Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Self Help; Ad J.F.M. Kerkhof, Bregje van Spijker, and Jan Mokkenstorm
5. Challenges in the Control and Regulation of Suicide Promotion and Assistance over the Internet; Brian L. Mishara and David N. Weisstub
6. Mental Health Online: A Self Report E-Learning Program for Enhancing Recognition, Guidance and Referral of Suicidal Adolescents; Rezvan Ghoncheh, Carmen E. Vos, Hans M. Koot and Ad J.F.M. Kerkhof
7. Avatars and The Prevention of Suicide Among Adolescents; Xavier Pommereau
8. Crisis Chat: Providing Chat-Based Emotional Support; Mary Drexler
9. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and New Technologies in Suicide Prevention: Crisis Chat and Social Media Initiatives; Gillian Murphy
10. Results and Experiences of 113Online, a Comprehensive Dutch Online Suicide Prevention Platform; Jan. K. Mokkenstorm, Annemiek Huisman; Ad J.F.M. Kerkhof and Jan Smit
11. Suicide Bereavement Online: Sharing Memories, Seeking Support, and Exchanging Hope; Karolina Krysinska and Karl Andriessen
12. Innovating to Treat Depression and Prevent Suicide: The IPhone@PSY ASSISTANCE Application; Réal Labelle, Antoine Bibaud-De Serres and François-Olivier Leblanc
13. Promising Practices, Future Prospects and Research Agenda; Ad J.F.M. Kerkhof and Brian L. Mishara
Mise à jour : 10/25/2013